JSPS-VCC Core University Program International Seminar on Wetland and Sustainability 2009 - Wetland & Climate Change: The Needs for Integration
Date: June 26 - 28, 2009
Venue: Le Meridien Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
- JSPS-VCC Core University Program Group 2
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- University Technology MARA (UiTM)
- University Science Malaysia (USM)
- University Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- University Putra Malaysai (UPM)
- Global COE Program "Global Center for Education and Research on Human Security Engineering for Asian Megacities"
Number of attendants: about 100
Since 2006, JSPS-VCC Group 2 has organized wetland mangrove management seminar annually with alternate venues between Japan and Malaysia. The seminar aims to discuss the relationship between the wetlands and their social, political, economic and ecological environments of the region for the sustainable wetland development management. This conference will present an opportunity for a series of actions that can be taken by wetland practitioners and stakeholders, to stem the continued losses and degradation of wetland.
This conference has promoted effective and efficient water environment planning towards the achievement of sustainable development and zero discharge community and to uphold integrated, holistic and sustainable land use and water environmental planning research through uses of good practices, methodologies, techniques, and technologies between Malaysia and Japanese universities and academia.